activemq-users mailing list archives

From Riyafa Abdul Hameed <riy...@apache.org>
Subject JMS Asynchronous Receiver for ActiveMQ Artemis
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:06:08 GMT
Hi,

I have the following asynchronous receiver for ActiveMQ Artemis:
https://gist.github.com/riyafa/7b0e5814286c60edb157f9a83fb64765

Here what I would expect when I call queueConn.start(); is that I want the
thread to wait to  receive messages. I mean I don't want the main to exit
causing the program to shutdown. This is the expected behavior in JMS if I
am not mistaken because I noticed this behavior in other brokers.

But with JMS in ActiveMQ Artemis I don't get the same behavior. The main
program exits even though I am calling  connection.start(). Is there any
other way that I can use the MessageListener and not have the program exit
apart from using Thread.sleep?

I am using artemis client 2.6.3.

Thanks,
Riyafa