activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Choosing between Artemis or Activemq for new installations
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2019 17:46:55 GMT
I'm not sure if there is enough information about user choices to
extrapolate a "trend," per se.  My recommendation would be to look at the
features and performance you need now as well as those you expect to need
in the future and make a decision based on that.

What exactly do you mean by, "...the 6.x migration will be based on
previously installed activemq brokers"?  Artemis is a completely different
implementation than 5.x so the migration for existing users will include
new a new configuration format and a new message store. I don't see how
this can be effectively automated except perhaps for the simplest
configurations. If you think you will migrate to Artemis eventually then it
may be best to use it now to avoid the migration step later.

Justin