activemq-users mailing list archives

From aferre <ferre.adr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing between Artemis or Activemq for new installations
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:50:55 GMT
Thanks for your feedbacks.

michael:
I was already aware that some products use this broker out of the shelf, and
so a few posts on its use so this is no surprise to me. My question was not
about the maturity of artemis nor its ability to be installed and used in
production environment, but was really about the decision between choosing
artemis and activemq for a new installation. Artemis and ActiveMQ both have
what I need to run my software, but I wanted to know which one will
eventually become ActiveMQ 6.x so that the painful process of migration
would be as transparent as possible.

jbertram:
I understand that artemis will become ActiveMq 6.x, so the migration between
artemis and activeMq 6.x will be more or less an upgrade of the software,
whereas migrating from ActiveMq 5.x to 6.x will be more difficult
(especially when used in production environments and live).

clebert:
can you provide a link to migration process you are talking about? That's
https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/migration/index.html right?