activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is the purpose of the RoutingType for a queue in core api
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:12:09 GMT
Under the covers the routing type for an address indicates which kind of
queues the address supports. The routing type of a queue indicates how
messages should be routed from the address to the queue. The routing type
can also be set on a message and that also determines how the message
should be routed, e.g. a multicast message sent directly to an anycast
queue will not actually be routed to that queue and vice versa. Also, if
there are multiple types of queues on the same address messages without a
routing type are routed differently than those with a routing type.

Justin