activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kristof Neirynck <kristof.neiry...@mips.be>
Subject How to improve speed of connecting to ActiveMQ HTTP transport
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:06:19 GMT
I have an Apache ActiveMQ broker with a HTTP transportConnector. I try to connect java consumers
to it. After about 250 consumers the time to establish a connection increases linearly. Cpu
and memory usage remains low, so I don't understand what is going wrong. The slow parts are
createConnection and createSession. They are very fast upto 250 clients and then gradually
slow down. The openwire protocol, with tcp or nio connector doesn't exhibit this problem.

ActiveMQ broker version 5.11.1
Java clients use org.apache.activemq:activemq-http:5.15.4

The transport is configured like this:

<transportConnector name="http" uri="http://0.0.0.0:8082"/>