activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ HA on failover topic mode
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 18:45:43 GMT
I've never run the broker in that mode, but I'd expect that one major
determiner of your throughput would be the speed at which the disk can do
the frequent, small flushes to disk. I'd expect you to see the best
performance on a locally-attached SSD with low write latency, but it's
possible that you might get similar or better performance in certain
configurations involving fast storage arrays, so YMMV.

Also, reducing network latency between the producer and the broker could
show a significant improvement if what you have now isn't performant, so
you could pursue that.

Tim