activemq-users mailing list archives

From kkaczkow <konrad.kaczkow...@cern.ch>
Subject Artemis 2.6.3 running out of memory with slow consumer and fast producer
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 07:35:39 GMT
Hi,

Currently we are performing Artemis crash testing before we switch
completely to it from ActiveMQ. We've applied following scenario:
- Artemis broker 2.6.3 with heap size of 2Gb, global-max-size of 400Mb, and
global address-setting to apply DROP policy whenever memory exceeds 150Mb
(max-size-bytes).
- Two slow consumers consuming every 10 sec
- Two fast producers sending messages to 2000 topics every 100 ms each

The broker is running out of memory in a couple of hours of testing. Would
you have any idea if I misconfigured anything? I tried also applying PAGE
strategy with similar effect. I would expect the broker to drop messages
once memory size exceeds 400Mb.

I've also noticed similar issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2164, do you think it might be
related?