activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using AMQP against ActiveMQ 5
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 15:04:15 GMT
On 12/7/18 9:19 AM, kkaczkow wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I was wondering is there is any handicap related to using AMQP against
> ActiveMQ instead of OpenWire? Also is using Apache Qpid, which implements
> JMS 2.0, fully compatible with ActiveMQ 5?

When used against ActiveMQ 5.x brokers the Qpid JMS client features for
JMS 1.1 will work, other JMS 2.0 may or may not work depending on
whether it is a client side or broker side feature. Things like shared
subscriptions won't work so if that is what you are after then you need
to move to Artemis as that supports the JMS 2.0 API.

Qpid JMS is tested regularly with both 5.x brokers and Artemis brokers
so you shouldn't have issue with either however performance against 5.x
will be significantly lower compared to Artemis so I'd recommend testing
if you go with 5.x to ensure it meets your needs.

> Does anyone has any remarks about using Qpid against Artemis?
>
> Cheers,
> Konrad
>

> --

Tim Bish