activemq-users mailing list archives

From Moshe Recanati <moshe.recan...@servicefriend.com>
Subject Using ActiveMQ with more than one consumer instance
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 19:33:18 GMT
Hi,
In our architecture we've 2 or more containers for each application for
high availiability puproses.
We're using activeMQ and I would like to implement the following behavior.

1. Pushing to a message to queue.
2. This message will be consumed only by *one *container (the first one
that will read it).
2. Once message processed successfully the consumer will update this
message can be acknowledged and neglected
3. I tried using transaction with commit and using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE however
in both cases both consumers got the message and processed it.

I want only one consumer to process each message based on availability.

Please share the way to implement it.

Thank you
Moshe