activemq-users mailing list archives

From jlilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject Client connection rate
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2018 18:41:03 GMT
We have an application that, when run in Hadoop, may cause a very large
number (up to 1000) clients to attempt connections to the message broker
simultaneously. Currently we use a custom TCP protocol, and I find that when
there are that many inbound connections, the OS starts to refuse them, and I
need to back off and retry a few seconds later.  Will I need to do anything
similar with an ActiveMQ client, or will it handle that situation
automatically?  Can you recommend client or broker settings that will work
better in that scenario?
Thanks
john