activemq-users mailing list archives

From "michael.andre.pearce" <michael.andre.pea...@me.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Designing for maximum Artemis performance
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 07:56:46 GMT
Hi
So perf doesnt increase by having more slaves.
Having a cluster setup with multiple masters (note every master would need a slave) or if
you use amqp protocol using federated clusters with qpid dispatch router would deal help with
this.
If you need to protect from single server / single az failure, then a simple master/slave
setup would cover this. (As long as you deploy master in one AZ and slave in another)

Mike

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: schalmers <simon.chalmers@manufacturingintelligence.com.au>
Date: 03/10/2018  00:56  (GMT+00:00) To: users@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: Designing
for maximum Artemis performance
I'm not sure I understand your question(s) @clebertsuconic?

We are building highly scalable systems and highly distributed systems, so
the need for the multiple backups is there to ensure that in the unlikely
event of a server or AZ failure, our systems still run at the maximum
available performance of Artemis, at all times.

If a master server in a cluster stops running for whatever reason, how do we
ensure it becomes the master again if there are two slaves/backups in the
'backup groups' ?