activemq-users mailing list archives

From Agalatea <valanth...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ.DLQ filled up with TopicSubdiscard and Duplicated deliveries
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 10:40:31 GMT
I'm running ActiveMQ 5.15.0.

My ActiveMQ.DLQ is filling up with messages with dlqDeliveryFailureCause
like following:
java.lang.Throwable: TopicSubDiscard.
ID:ID:babbbbc63a56-37427-1523628495562-1:44:1:1
java.lang.Throwable: Suppressing duplicate delivery on connection, consumer
ID:82e8ed600671-38460-1517479481261-1:2:1:1

And I'm hitting storage limit too often.

How should I clean up ActiveMQ.DLQ in automatic way so that they expire or
what to do to not have them generated at all?

These messages with dlqDeliveryFailureCause different than expiration of
message don't respect policies - they are not given expiration time set in
sharedDeadLetterStrategy.

My policies are following:

<policyEntry topic=">">
                        <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                            <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy
limit="1000" />
                        </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
</policyEntry>
<policyEntry queue=">">
                        <deadLetterStrategy>
                            <sharedDeadLetterStrategy expiration="86400000"
/>
                        </deadLetterStrategy>
</policyEntry>

                    <policyEntry queue="ABC.Q.ABCINT.>"
prioritizedMessages="true" expireMessagesPeriod="1000">
                        <deadLetterStrategy>
                            <sharedDeadLetterStrategy
processNonPersistent="true" expiration="86400000">
                                <deadLetterQueue>
                                    <queue physicalName="ABC.Q.ABCINT.DLQ"
/>
                                </deadLetterQueue>
                            </sharedDeadLetterStrategy>
                        </deadLetterStrategy>
                    </policyEntry>

So far I tried:
<timeStampingBrokerPlugin zeroExpirationOverride="86400000" />
but expiration is not set for these "TopicSubDiscard" and "Suppressing
duplicate delivery" messages.

I also tried:
<discardingDLQBrokerPlugin dropOnly="ActiveMQ.DLQ" reportInterval="1000"/>
But then my policies for setting ABC.Q.ABCINT.DLQ as DLQ of ABC.Q.ABCINT.>
stopped working, discarding plugin overrides them.