activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Unreliable NFS exclusive locks on unreliable networks
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 03:47:33 GMT
I don't know why this content wasn't posted to the mailing list when I sent
it via email on 3/29, but since it wasn't, here it is again:

A broker should be attempting to acquire the lock on startup, so if that's
not working right, it seems to indicate problems with your NFS
configuration.

The settings used by a few other people can be found in
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/NFS-v4-locks-quot-given-up-quot-w-o-any-logging-td4709672.html.
Can you please share what you're using? This is a weak point in the ActiveMQ
documentation, so if we can get enough consensus about what settings are
needed for correct behavior, I can update the wiki to capture that
information.

Also, I see that the StackOverflow post was removed. Can you summarize its
content? I'm certainly concerned about the things you wrote about the
isValid() method, and I'd like to understand more about that.

Tim