activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: failed to start ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:07:02 GMT
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018, 4:18 AM norinos <tainookasira99@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim.
>
> I deleted "db-531.log" and re-started ActiveMQ, but failed to start because
> of following error.

> 2018-03-20 17:16:15,890 | ERROR | Looking for key 531 but not found in
> fileMap: {
> 29=db-29.log number = 29 , length = 33554432, .............................
> , 482=db-482.log number = 482 , length = 33554432}

You need to set ignoreMissingJournalFiles. See
http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html for more information.

> you'll probably want to figure out why db-29.log is still alive (check the
> > DLQ) and solve that problem.
>
> Yes.
> It is very strange why this old file is not deleted becase I don't use DLQ.

There are tools and techniques for analyzing what destinations contain the
messages in a set of KahaDB files, as described in
http://activemq.apache.org/why-do-kahadb-log-files-remain-after-cleanup.html.
Are they what told you that you have offline durable subscribers with
unconsumed messages? If not, I'd recommend doing the analysis described on
that page to know for sure.

I set offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout and
> offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule.
>
> offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout="2592000000"
> offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule="86400000"
>
> But I checked the journal files, It seems that messages sent months ago are
> left without being deleted.
>
> Is offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout not working properly?

That's certainly possible. Are you sure that the durable subscription in
question has actually been offline continuously for more than a month? It
hasn't been sporadically connecting briefly and then disconnecting?

Tim