activemq-users mailing list archives

From bterhune <bterh...@tripwire.com>
Subject Re: Camel Routing places KahaDB in an unexpected place
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:56:52 GMT
Thanks for looking at my message..

We have two activeMQ brokers that send messages back and forth.   We are now
using camel and spring configuration to define those routes

For example:

    <route id="SupportBundleResponse">
      <description>Support Bundle Response</description>
      <from id="F-A2G.SupportBundleResponse"
            uri="activeMqVM:topic:support.messages.SupportBundleResponse"/>
      <to id="T-A2G.SupportBundleResponse"
          uri="activeMqGW:topic:support.messages.SupportBundleResponse"/>
    </route>

We are using persistence on topics but not durable subscribers.

*Sometimes* when we shutdown, a KahaDB database is written to disk with the
default of 32MB.  Using the unix "strings" command to look at the db.data
file the file contains all of our "producing" routes. I say sometimes
because it only occurs about 50% of the time.

As I mentioned we use <persistenceAdapter> configuration to place the KahaDB
in a different location and limit the size to 16MB.    So, what I am calling
the "camel" kahaDB is not using our configuration location.