activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: NetworkConnector -> pattern to addDynamicallyIncludedDestination for tempQueue
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2018 06:13:26 GMT
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:54 AM, Rajesh Malla <mallarajes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> we migrated activemq from < 5.5 version to 5.12.3. below is code snippet
> for
> to create n/w connector
>
> NetworkConnector networkConnector = new DiscoveryNetworkConnector(uri);
>  networkConnector.addDynamicallyIncludedDestination(...)
>  networkConnector.addExcludedDestination(...)
>
> we are using Camel request/reply pattern with tempQueue. so our n/w
> connector working only when we are removing =>
> networkConnector.addDynamicallyIncludedDestination(...)

Is there any reason that you can't just do that? It's simple and you say it
works correctly for you...

> so either we need to remove or we need to provide this for TempQueue also.
> TempQueue is starting with ID_
> so, what pattern I need to give ? I tried different patterns like below
>
> ID.>
> ID>
> ID.*
> ID*
>
> but none of these above are working.

ActiveMQ wildcards only apply to one or more names in a path, but cannot be
used to specify variable content within a single name, so you can't match
"ID_SOMERANDOMNUMBER" with any of the patterns you mentioned, unless you
use a plugin to specify "_" instead of "." as the custom path separator for
name hierarchies. See http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html for
examples of what does work and details about the custom plugin.

> we need exact pattern to specify for
> addDynamicallyIncludedDestination for tmpQueue also then only we will get
> response otherwise we need to remove this addDynamicallyIncludedDestinat
> ion.
>
> so please suggest pattern & do we need to add it as new
> ActiveMQTempQueue("ID PATTERN")  or
> new ActiveMQQueue("ID PATTERN") ? bcz if we add ActiveMQTempQueue I am
> thinking this will not consider in n/w bridge.

If I'm reading the code of
DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.startRemoteBridge() correctly, you don't need
to explicitly include temp destinations, you just need to ensure that
NetworkBridgeConfiguration.isBridgeTempDestinations() is true (the default
value). So if not calling addDynamicallyIncludedDestination() causes things
to work, that seems like the right solution for you to use.

Tim