activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: websocket compatibility
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 21:21:37 GMT
Stomp is a specific (and mainly text-oriented) wire format.  Websockets are
a way that clients can connect to the broker.  A client may be able to
speak Stomp but not use websockets and vice-versa.  Does the Flex client
speak Stomp over websocket or does it use some other kind of protocol over
websocket?  If the former is true then I would expect them to be
compatible.  If the latter is true then I wouldn't expect them to be
compatible.

Justin