activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen van Ooststroom <j.van.ooststr...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to send and receive text messages using ActiveMQ with JavaScript (AMQP) and Java (OpenWire/JMS) clients
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:29:33 GMT
I have a simple test JavaScript (Node.js) client that connects to
ActiveMQ using AMQP and our Java client that connects to the same
ActiveMQ using OpenWire (JMS). When I send a message from the JavaScript
client (just a simple “Hello World!”) it is received by the Java client
as a javax.jms.BytesMessage. However the contents of this BytesMessage
contains a bunch of bytes in front of the actual “Hello World!” message:

    “SpESsESw�

    Hello World!”

I'm using the ActiveMQ's (5.13.4) and Qpid's suggested Rhea JavaScript
(Node.js) library for the simple JavaScript client for testing. On the
Java-side of things I'm using plain JMS 1.0.

The Rhea example I'm using is basically according to this sample:
https://github.com/grs/rhea/blob/master/examples/helloworld.js

I'm using the default AMQP configuration in order to enable the protocol
in activemq.xml:

    <transportConnector name="amqp"
    uri="amqp://0.0.0.0:5672?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600"/>

When I try to add "&transport.transformer=jms" or
"&transport.transformer=raw" the JavaScript client is unable to connect
anymore.

How do I get it so that it only contains the “Hello World!” message? Do
I need to parse out the bytes contained in the BytesMessage?

Thanks,
Jeroen...