activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: How can Memory percent used be 100 if cursorMemoryHighWaterMark is 70%
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:41:54 GMT
Large messages are one way. The broker will only refuse to accept a message
if the store is above the high water mark, not if the message will push it
above the high water mark, so if it's at 69% and you enqueue a very large
message that's 31% of the limit, you'd get to 100% (and the store would
then refuse to accept more messages).

Another is a bug in the code that computes the stats, and there have been
several of those over the years. Offhand I don't remember which versions
they were fixed in, but you could go through the relevant JIRA issues to
see if maybe an upgrade would help.

Tim