activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ravi Kumar <rakare2...@gmail.com>
Subject Dead lock when queue message volume is high
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:26:55 GMT
Hello,

I have ActiveMQ setup which configured with network of brokers like below.
The central ActiveMQ connects with different locations of ActiveMQ brokers
in durable subscriptions for both Queue and Topic and on 20K consumers are
connected with that different locations of ActiveMQ broker. There is a
producer client called MCollective which am using to publish message to
central ActiveMQ and those messages will forwarded to each locations of
ActiveMQ brokers and the connected 20K consumers will get that message, do
stuffs accordingly and put the response back to queue. So those response
back messages will be consumed by single consumer which connected with
central ActiveMQ broker.

The problem is when I publish message to of all those 20K consumers then
central ActiveMQ get stuck and its not accepting any messages to publish
until those messages consumed and returned response messages also consumed
by the consumer. Once all of those messages consumed then it back to
normal. But the each locations of ActiveMQ broker is fine. I suspect some
dead lock is happening on the central ActiveMQ and would like to understand
why its happening and how to tune ActiveMQ to fix this issue to work with
any amount on messages.

Thanks
Ravi