activemq-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: JMS messages replication
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2018 17:08:21 GMT
Hello,

Digging further in the ActiveMQ documentation, could the Networks of Brokers a solution ?

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: COURTAULT Francois [mailto:Francois.Courtault@gemalto.com]
Sent: vendredi 26 janvier 2018 18:02
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: [+SPAM+]: JMS messages replication

Hello,

I have looked at Replicated LevelDB Store page on ActiveMQ web site, even if LevelDB store
has been replaced by KahaDB, in order to see if it can solve the technical issue I have.
But, as far as I have understood this solution won't solve my problem.

Let me describe it, in order to really see if the LevelDB Store is not a solution.

What I want to have is:
           JMS producers & consumers at Location 1 ----------> Location 1 JMS broker
                                                                Location 2 JMS broker  <-
------------- JMS producers & Consumers at Location2

                   Persisted messages at Location 1
          Persisted messages at Location 2

But also persisted messages at location 2 replicated at Location 1 and vice versa , thanks
to a synchronization between the 2 JMS brokers or at persistent level.

My understanding of Replicated LevelDB Store is that we have a notion of Master and Slave,
managed by ZooKeeper, and in the schema above, let's say that Location 1 JMS broker is the
Master.
In such case, the second JMS broker, Location 2 JMS broker is not able to accept any client
connections, according to your documentation, right ? So It can't consume JMS producers messages
at Location2, right ?
This is why I think I can't use this solution.

So, is there a solution to my problem using Active MQ ? Yes, using, instead of KahaDB, a database
with a built-in replication.
Cassandra could be used for example, but unfortunately I haven't found the fact that Cassandra
is supported by ActiveMQ.

Still a blocking point.

Does it exist a solution to my technical problem using ActiveMQ ?

Best Regards.
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential
information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if
altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses,
the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.