activemq-users mailing list archives

From neon18 <neo...@nngo.net>
Subject Re: Async Writer Thread Shutdown error adding a message on 5.15.2 broker
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 14:56:56 GMT
I have tried out a few things to reduce the variables, one step at a time.

1. I upgrade the ActiveMQ client libraries to 5.15.2 to match the server.
This results in same issue (OutOfMemoryError on ActiveMQ 5.15.2 server).

2. I change the memoryUsage percentOfJvmHeap from 70% to 50%, restarted the
server but same. Issue.

3. I downgraded to ActiveMQ 5.14.5 server, and all is good (also when I
downgraded to ActiveMQ 5.12.2 - all is good)

There are not other errors in activemq.log.

I am using a non-persistent queue, but when memory hits the default the
memory usage percent of 70%, , the server *should* flush to the temp
storage. So I believe ActiveMQ 5.15 has a bug when flushing in-memory
(non-persistent) messages to the temp storage under
<amq_data_dir>/localhost/tmp_storage. I am guessing the temp storage is
using KahaDB underneath).

With no messages (or with a few messages before JVM max memory), ActiveMQ
5.15.2 server is fine, it responds on the Web console, producer and consumer
clients can add to queue and dequeue messages fine. After the
OutOfMemoryError, the server (broker) no longer responds to any client and
the web console is NOT responsive.

Regards,

Neon