activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon MQ
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 14:21:13 GMT
I made some inquiries and have it on good authority that the AWS Managed
ActiveMQ effort was started part of the RH partnership [1]. So while the
community was not contacted, AWS did talk to people with ActiveMQ
expertise. Now I am surprised that the RH people on this list didn't
know about it (and given the inquiries I really believe they were not
aware of that). RH is a large company and it looks like opinions
(regarding ActiveMQ) are as diverse as they are in this community.

Related to AWS, this was not a whim, an "it would be nice" sort of
service. They have serious interest from users. There is massive (and
increasing) interest in asynchronous messaging (see also Kafka,
RabbitMQ). People make serious investments in such systems and the
credibility of the community is super important.

Hadrian

[1] https://aws.amazon.com/partners/redhat/