activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: Artemis JMS Client All JAR
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 16:44:53 GMT
Hi Benjamin

I can understand a little as classloader if the class would be different in two different
jars.

but if these are spec jars with the same class’s then it shouldn’t cause an issue as it
shouldn’t matter which class gets loaded from which jar, because they should be the same.

If anything having all the implantation jars in the single jar may cause more issues if you
have other vendors as Libs like guava etc are bundled in.

We did do some shading to try avoid some of that, but the original intent of the single jar
was to package everything needed, for simple deployment cases where we don’t expect competing
jars, not for complex dependencies clashing handling.

from the sounds of it with having multiple other vendors libs also, if you have that really
should be handling the dependencies manually without the all jar , manually, via maven or
other tooling.

I’m not saying it’s not causing you an issue but it be good if you could expand with an
exception this is causing. And the jars you have on the cp.

I’m not 100% pulling libs out is the answer here as it sounds as you have more a complex
dependency deployment which as stated wasn’t the original intent of the single jar client.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone