activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject RE: : Re: WARNING log message to be removed
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2017 13:48:25 GMT
The quick summary is that the temp store is used when the memory store is
full and more messages need to be added to it; if you don't over-fill the
memory store, the temp store will not be used. The messages that are
written to the memory store are non-persistent messages and spooled-in
persistent messages that the broker is preparing to dispatch to consumers.
Persistent messages, on the other hand, are written to the persistence
store; you might have configured the persistence store to be backed by
memory rather than disk, but that doesn't make it the same as the memory
store.

This article shows some examples of using the different stores:
https://dzone.com/articles/temp-store-and-memory-percent

Tim