activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual destination subscription durability and message recovery
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 13:36:37 GMT
#2 is a problem - when the name of the subscription queue will be unknown.
If you know the names in advance then statically creating the destinations
will work.

You could go down the plugin route and implement/manage a shared
retroactive queue SRQ

Intercept send to the virtual topic to forward a copy to the SRQ and set an
appropriate expiry.
Intercept ack to the SRQ to ignore any remote standard ack; on expiry the
ack will have the broker context.
Intercept subscribe to the virtual topic to use a composite destination to
add SRQ to the subscription.

The down side is that a repeated connect/disconnect would get duplicates
from the SRQ. A failover client would suppress but they would generally
need to be handled and ignored.

It would be a nice feature. Essentially SRQ is some sort of time bounded
queue. A more general bounded queue would be better (bounded on size,
memory or time) but for your use case maybe the plugin is the way to go.