activemq-users mailing list archives

From Harrison Tarr <harrison.t...@connexta.com>
Subject RE: How to put "properties" on a message so they are accessible later
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 15:57:32 GMT
Hi Matthias,

I ended up coming up with a "solution". It does prevent me from consuming using AMQP. What
I do is send the message to the broker using AMQP but then I retrieve the message using the
Core protocol.  I'll include my snippet of code that does the modification to the AMQP message.

I believe there's a bug in the "reencode" method of the AMQPMessage class. I noticed that
if I call the reencode method but then manually set the "sendFrom" field to 0 ( a private
field), the message is successfully reencoded and sent and retrieved by an AMQP consumer.
Alternatively, if I disconnect the consumer, remove the reencode call from the server plugin,
and then reattach the consumer, the messages that had been failing (and were persisted to
disk after the consumer disconnected) are successfully delivered to the consumer after it's
reattached. I think this is because the method "reloadPersistence" is called and resets the
data, sendFrom, and bufferValid fields. Maybe one of the designers of this piece of code can
chime in?

Anyway, here's my implementation of the ActiveMQServerPlugin:

public class MyTestServerPlugin implements ActiveMQServerPlugin {

    @Override
    public void beforeSend(ServerSession session, Transaction tx, Message message, boolean
direct,
            boolean noAutoCreateQueue) {
        System.out.println(String.format("Username: %s, Password: %s",
                session.getUsername(),
                session.getPassword()));

        message.putStringProperty("testHeaderOne", session.getUsername());

        if (message instanceof AMQPMessage) {
            Map applicationPropertiesMap = ((AMQPMessage) message).getProtonMessage()
                    .getApplicationProperties()
                    .getValue();
            applicationPropertiesMap.put("testHeaderOne", session.getUsername());
            ((AMQPMessage) message).getProtonMessage()
                    .setApplicationProperties(new ApplicationProperties(applicationPropertiesMap));
        }
    }
}

Harrison Tarr