activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using failover with updateClusterClients, which one has precedence?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:55:08 GMT
yes, that is the intent. The broker makes the decision and when it does
round robin or random there should be a reasonable distribution. The issue
when it is left to clients is they can all behave the same - as in non
random random. With updateClusterClients the only random selection lives in
the broker and is shared by the ordered list being pushed to the clients.
There are url parameters to set on failover to have the client ignore that
if you like: reconnectSupported
see http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html