activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis - Cannot get scheduled messages to work with AMQP and Topic
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:13:29 GMT
On 10/18/2017 11:09 AM, Matthias Hanisch wrote:
> This seems to be a qpid problem. I debugged through the code and my
> delivery time above gets overwritten.
> Currently you can only set it using
>              producer.setDeliveryDelay(60000);
>
> And then scheduled messages work. So sorry for the noise.

Not a Qpid problem at all, the JMS API clearly states that's how this works:

void setJMSDeliveryTime(long deliveryTime)
                         throwsJMSException

Sets the message's delivery time value.

This method is for use by JMS providers only to set this field when a
message is sent. This message cannot be used by clients to configure the
delivery time of the message. This method is public to allow a JMS
provider to set this field when sending a message whose implementation
is not its own.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121