activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Adding Network connectors dynamically
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2017 04:52:56 GMT
The code you're envisioning could only work if run within the broker
process; to the best of my knowledge, you can't do what you're describing
from a client process. That begs the question of how you'd give your code
control to be able to run in the first place; maybe a custom broker plugin
that listens for socket connections to tell it about changes to the list of
brokers, or that watches a file listing all the brokers for changes?

It's probably possible, but it's likely to require you to spend some
quality time with the ActiveMQ code. If that's not appealing, you could
consider other options such as using a hub-and-spoke topology with duplex
networkConnectors from the spoke to the hub, so that no broker needs to
know about any broker other than the hub.

Tim