activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: Artemis - Virtual Topic support
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 19:01:42 GMT
Hi Armand,

ActiveMQ 5 is jms 1.1 spec, your use of virtual destinations(topic) if I understood right
in active5 is sort of a pre cursor to the now jms 2.0 spec feature called shared durable subscriber.

Artemis is JMS 2.0 so you can achieve the same.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/jms2messaging-1954190.html

With the core broker address and queue model (there's many docs on this) you can do many sophisticated
routing and consuming combinations.

https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/address-model.html

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone
> On 13 Sep 2017, at 18:48, Armand Roelens <armand.roelens@connexta.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if Artemis has any support for virtual topics like ActiveMQ does or if
there is anything similar?

> I wanted to know if a client has the ability to send messages to a specific address that
can abstract away the fact that underneath there is really an input and output address, so
that way the client would only need to know about one address to send to and receive messages
from.