activemq-users mailing list archives

From yogu13 <yog...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding Network connectors dynamically
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 10:31:40 GMT
Hello,

I have a question on setting up network of brokers dynamically i.e. not via
usual static configuration via XML. To explain my scenario we have a
discovery server which can tell how many broker instances are available
(running) within an environment, We use programmatic API for configuring
ActiveMQ Broker so configuring network of brokers using this information
should be fairly easy. However I am curious once ActiveMQ Broker is
configured and running and if we want to scale then can we add a new
ActiveMQ broker's network configuration to already started BrokerService ?

In ActiveMQ API what I mean is

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
  // some activemq configuration
broker.start()

broker.addNetworkConnector("static:(tcp://10.x.x.x:62001)").start(); // not
sure if this would work

I cannot use Multicast as its disabled and I wanted to avoid configuring all
possible network connectors up front.

Thank you!

Regards,
-Yogesh