activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Re: how is topic implemented?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 04:38:34 GMT
It doesn't use temporary queues. Rather, each consumer results in a
TopicSubscription
<https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-broker/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/region/TopicSubscription.java>
being created, and each message sent to the topic has a reference handed to
the TopicSubscription for processing. This uses memory, but is
lighter-weight than using a full-fledged destination such as a temporary
queue.

Why do you ask?

Tim