activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Interaction APIs with Standalone ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 12:58:04 GMT
On Aug 14, 2017 7:22 AM, "Juleian" <julian.herbold@gmx.net> wrote:

Hello,

I am new to ActiveMQ and try to figure out how to implement certain
interactions with the service.
I want to use ActiveMQ to implement a JMS service. By now the classic
consumer producer is running. However, I want to find information that
explain how to implement certain interactions.

Have you looked at the pages linked from
http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html?

For instance, how to register
a component (producer/consumer) with certain topics, or how to change the

topic composition of that component.

This is done by the consumer itself; I'm not aware of a way to do it
administratively from outside the consumer.

A component should also be able to get
all topics available with a simple request (I heard this is done with JMX
API).

Yes it can.

So is there a documentation out there, that helps to implement these
kind of things?

The documentation for what's available via JMX is linked from the URL
above, and covers many of the frequently-used attributes, but it's not
complete (there are some attributes that aren't listed) so to know exactly
what is available I typically use a JMX viewer such as JConsole.

Best regards !