activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mark Raynsford <list+org.apache.activ...@io7m.com>
Subject Re: Programatically setting up a proxying broker
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 08:12:08 GMT
'Ello.

On 2017-08-02T00:19:48 -0700
tpavelka <tomas.pavelka@ca.com> wrote:

> I know nothing about static destinations but one thing I noticed in your
> Github code: when you add network and transport connectors, you do not start
> them. I tested this with one of my sample ActiveMQ programs and if I don't
> start the connectors then there are no messages flowing.

I see the following in the log without any start() calls:

08:06:50.280 INFO [main] org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector: Connector tcp://[fd38:73b9:8748:8f82:0:0:0:2]:61616
started
08:06:50.370 INFO [main] org.apache.activemq.network.NetworkConnector: Network Connector com.io7m.activemq.examples.ForwardingServers$StaticNetworkConnector@5579bb86
started

... So I don't think that's the problem here. I've added a possibly-redundant
start() call to the network connector anyway. As I initialize the transport
connectors with URIs, I don't actually get direct access to instances upon which
I can call start(), so I've not added anything there.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com