activemq-users mailing list archives

From wheli <michael.wheli...@medfx.com>
Subject OOM and mysql-connector
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 20:16:09 GMT
Hello,

I am running ActiveMQ 5.10.0 in a production environment. Sometimes we run
into a scenario where a particular subscriber to a topic may be down and
messages start to queue up. During this time, we are periodically running
into OOMs, although based on our configuration, I don't think we should
be...

Sometimes restarting activemq will resolve the issue. Sometimes we also have
to restart our application which hosts the producers and consumers.
Sometimes even that doesn't work and we have to create a new mysql database
instance and "start fresh". Obviously that is not ideal and I'd like to
resolve the issue.

Any idea what might be going on? Is it possible what I am seeing is related
to this:

Using pretty much default settings besides a mysql database for persistence.
We are not running in a container, just running the standalone jar using
"./activemq start".

Here is the active process with all java params:

Here is our activemq.xml config:

Here is the error we are seeing in the activemq.log:

Thanks for any help you can provide!