activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: A question about memory usage & jvm
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 15:15:48 GMT
The Java process will at the os level which is what you output from what I can tell, will be
allocated 6gb if that's what you set the heap size to (Java will always actually use a little
more than just the heap for bits like offheap, classes (permgen) and process overhead)

The 70% is for within the allocated heap the memory activemq will use.

To see the heap utilisation you can use tools such as visualvm, jconsole (list of tools nearly
endless)

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone