activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: A question about memory usage & jvm
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 00:23:01 GMT
More precisely, the 70% is for within the allocated heap the memory
activemq will use for the memory store. ActiveMQ has its own data
structures unrelated to the memory store, which consume heap space from the
JVM above and beyond what is used for the memory store. But the overall
explanation is exactly right.

Also, the OS has no idea how much of the memory that has been allocated for
the JVM's heap is actually in use, so you may in fact be using only a small
fraction of the amount shown. Use JConsole, JVisualVM, or similar tools to
determine that, because top won't help you.

Tim

On Jul 4, 2017 9:16 AM, "Michael André Pearce" <michael.andre.pearce@me.com>