activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Messages are stuck in ActiveMQ 5.11 and delivered for after more than 24 hours
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 03:04:53 GMT
I repeat my earlier suggestion that you should use a sampler on all brokers
to characterize where the time is being spent.

The fact that turning logging to debug causes the broker to experience a
slowdown almost immediately makes it seem like maybe there's an issue with
disk I/O or space, but that's just a guess and using a sampler will give
you something more concrete than a guess.

Also, you've characterized the problem as messages getting "stuck" in the
network connectors. When this happens, are individual messages truly stuck
(i.e. no messages are being passed), or is it simply that the rate they're
flowing out at os lower than the rate they're flowing in at (so there's a
net backup but individual messages are still being passed)? And when
messages are passed, do they arrive in order, or do they show up vastly
different from the order in which they were sent?

Tim