activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Active MQ - Master/Slave Config Not working
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 12:45:36 GMT
Thanks for confirming that (at least at broker startup) the
shared-filesystem locking is working. When you stop the master broker, do
you see lines in the slave log at that exact time saying that it has
acquired the lock and become the master? And after you shut down the
original master, when you start it again, do you see this same line saying
it couldn't acquire the lock and was therefore the slave? If any of those
things isn't working, something is wrong and we need to address that first,
before we spend any effort on the client code.

One question about the client, though: if you start both brokers and
connect with your M1,M2 URI, can you also connect with your M2,M1 URI? Does
the order of the failover URI matter when both brokers are up, or only
after M1 is taken down?

One other question: when you kill M1, how do you do that, and how do you
know that the process has actually stopped? Is there any possibility that
the M1 broker might still be running after you tr to stop it?

Tim

Tim