activemq-users mailing list archives

From Abhijit Kangale <abhi981....@gmail.com>
Subject Where to see acknowledgement in ActiveMQ Web console?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 07:21:08 GMT
Hi,

In my project I have below functionality -

1)'datapump-messaging' module (Producer) writes messages to acitveMQ in
queue (this module will create queue if already not present based on
configuration).
2) 'datapump-services' module (Consumer) reads messages from the queue
(created in step 1).

In my consumer module I am using JMSTemplete to read the message from the
queue. I am specifically using execute method of JmsTemplete to read the
message. Code snippet below.

            Object message = companyQueueJmsTemplate.execute(new
SessionCallback()
            {
                Object result = null;

                @Override
                public Object doInJms(Session session) throws JMSException
                {
                    MessageConsumer consumer = session

.createConsumer(companyQueueJmsTemplate.getDestinationResolver().resolveDestinationName(session,
queueName, false));

                    try
                    {
                        Message received = consumer.receive(5000);
                        if (received != null)
                        {
                            result =
companyQueueJmsTemplate.getMessageConverter().fromMessage(received);

                            received.acknowledge();
                        }
                    }
                    catch (Exception e)
                    {
                        logger.error("Error occurred pulling Message from
Queue", e.getMessage());
                    }
                    finally
                    {
                        consumer.close();
                    }
                    return result;
                }
            }, true);

Additionally while configuring JmsTemplete bean I have set
'CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE' mode.

jmsTemplate.setSessionAcknowledgeMode(Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE);

As I am acknowledging using "received.acknowledge();", code works perfectly,
but the question is where in ActiveMQ web console to verify that message is
delivered and read by consumer properly? Do we have any such provision in
console to verify, because as my consumer reads message it gets deleted from
the queue?

Thanks.