activemq-users mailing list archives

From jochenw <jochen.walz.m...@googlemail.com>
Subject PooledConnectionFactory: createConnection results in log entry "Successfully connected to ..."
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 06:17:29 GMT
Hello,

I'm just starting using the PooledConnectionFactory. Before calling the
start() method, the idleTimeout (30000 ms), the maxConnections (10) and the
maximumActiveSessionPerConnection (500) are set.

I would have expected that on startup, 10 connections are opened to the
broker (tcp://0.0.0.0:61616), and these 10 connections are used when I start
sending messages. However, on each
pooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(), there is another entry in the
log "Successfully connected to tcp://0.0.0.0:61616".

It this log entry also appearing when creating a connection to a connection
pool although no new broker connection is opened? Or does this mean that a
new connection is set up to the broker - indicating that I did something
wrong when using the connection pool?

Regards,
Jochen