activemq-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why AvtiveMq is slowly than Kafka?
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 16:14:43 GMT
I think you are confusing memory cache with paging on the message system.

Messages are kept in the memory for fast delivery unless you page then.

The message broker can be configured to start writing messages on disk for
later reading.

In a sense paging becomes like Kafka partition when paging kicks in.  (I'm
not trying to make comparisons.  Saying that just for educational purposes
please)

So if you plan no consumers.  Configure paging on the address settings.
Look at he manual for paging.