activemq-users mailing list archives

From "klaus.holst.jacobsen" <klaus.holst.jacob...@gmail.com>
Subject CMS 3.9.2 process hangs when calling setMessageListener(..) in onMessage(...)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 08:48:14 GMT
Hello!

I would like to send a request and get a reply from a message handlers
onMessage(...) method.

Something like this:

void MyClass::onMessage(cms::Message m)
{
cms::Destination* tempDest = session_->createTemporaryQueue();
cms::MessageConsumer* responseConsumer = session_->createConsumer(tempDest);

SomeOtherMessageHandler replyHandler;
responseConsumer->setMessageListener(&replyHandler);

cms::Message* request = session_->createTextMessage();
m->setCMSReplyTo(tempDest);
p->send(m);

...wait for response...

cms::Message* response = replyHandler.getResponse();

}

...but my code hangs in setMessageListener(...);
My guess is that because I am in the onMessage method i have locked a mutex
that is required to do setMessageHandler(...)

Is this an error or not?
In any case, what is the work-around to be able to do request/reply from a
message handler?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Klaus