activemq-users mailing list archives

From Abhinav2510 <abhinav.suryawan...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: High swap usage and network timeouts during heavy publishing
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:16:50 GMT
Tim Bain wrote
> How much memory is your ActiveMQ process using, compared to the amount of
> RAM on your host? Could the swap simply result from the JVM being allowed
> to grow larger than the amount of physical memory available?
>
> Tim
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Abhinav2510 &lt;

> abhinav.suryawanshi@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>> I am facing this issue now.
>> Did you come accross any solution for this?
>>

>> --

My JVM memory configurations are as below.
-Xms1024M -Xmx6144M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:NewRatio=4
-XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=45 -XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps. We have alreday limited Java to not go beyond 6Gb
and our RAM is of 43 Gb still we are seeing gradual increase in used swap
over time for which we have to restart AMQ every month to release Swap
memory.