activemq-users mailing list archives

From wangqinghuan <1095193...@qq.com>
Subject Can fsync() ensure data is flushed to disk?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 07:51:03 GMT
hi
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.1.0/persistence.html.
This article  tells me that even after syncing from the operating system
there is no guarantee the data has actually made it to disk. we must disable
disk cache to ensure data integrity .
https://linux.die.net/man/2/fsync
This tells me that fsync() transfers  all modified in-core data of the file
referred to by the file descriptor fd to the disk device  so that all
changed information can be retrieved even after the system crashed or was
rebooted. This includes writing through or flushing a disk cache if present.
there are two different views in above 2 articles.What's correct?