activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems with master slave set up artemis 2.0
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 02:09:55 GMT
> after all three start, only journal replication is only seen on one of the slaves, i.e.,
the "active" slave.

That's expected.

> when the original master is restarted, the first "active" slave (the current master)
will stay as the live broker even with "allow-failback" set to true

That's also expected.

Fail-back doesn't actually occur when multiple backups are configured.  When the 3 broker
instances are started there will be 1 live-backup pair and a "left-over" backup will be in
a kind of idle state waiting to attach to a suitable live broker.  Then if the live broker
instance fails its backup will take over and become live and the other backup will now become
the backup of the broker which just became live.  Once the broker instance which failed is
restarted it will attempt to register itself as a backup of the now-live broker and initiate
fail-back.  However, since the now-live broker already has a backup it will reject the registration
message from the original live because it already has a backup, and therefore fail-back will
not occur.

> if the "active" slave was killed first, the secondary/"passive" slave is not able to
take over as the "active" slave

Can you elaborate on this use-case a bit more? How are you stopping the backup?

Justin