activemq-users mailing list archives

From khandelwalanuj <anuj.cool.khandel...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ with PostgreSQL: Not deleting persistent messages sent to a topic
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 06:14:00 GMT
Hi,

Using ActiveMQv5.11.1

I am evaluating ActiveMQ with PostgreSQL JDBC adapter.

I ran a test case where a durable subscriber was listening from a topic and
a publisher is publishing persistent messages. I observed that the messages
were stored in the DB (ACTIVEMQ_MSGS table) but even after successful
consumption by the consumer, these messages were not deleted from the
backend DB. However I have seen that this doesn't happen in case of queue.
Persistent messages sent to a queue are automatically deleted from the DB
once successfully consumed by the consumer.

This is a very generic use case which should never happen.

Thanks,
Anuj