activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Artemis - Stress-test time
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 14:09:45 GMT
I would expect that Artemis would call the LoginModule for those things and any other place
where authentication or authorization is necessary. However, there is a cache in place for
these checks controlled by <security-invalidation-interval> which will optimize checks
for the same user/role/permission.  Of course, when the server first starts the cache is empty
so it will need to be initialized.

It's also worth noting that the ProperiesLoginModule will read the users and roles from disk
once and hold those values in memory unless/until they are changed on disk and reloading has
been configured in login.config (which it is by default) at which point the values will be
read from disk again.

In any event, my recommendation would be to turn off security (i.e. using <security-enabled>false</security-enabled>)
and then test again to see if that's a real bottleneck.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "francesco81" <Francesco.PADOVANI@bticino.it>
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2017 5:54:39 AM
Subject: Re: Apache Artemis - Stress-test time

Hi Justin,
just an info: by analyzing the log file, it seems that Artemis makes calls
to the login methods (initialize, login and commit, defined in the native
interface of Artemis LoginModule), not only at the login, but also during
subscribtion and unsubscription phases.
We saw this with a clean Artemis installation (as you suggested). And it
seems to have a certain impact on cpu usage.
Is this a normal behavior (if yes, something escapes me)? Or it could be a
bug?

Francesco