activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Artemis] [Bug] Consume from non-durable jms topic
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 14:23:47 GMT
> Does this mean, in order to listen to a topic you would always need 2 roles?  createNonDurableQueue
and consume?

You don't need two roles.  You just need two "permissions" (i.e. createNonDurableQueue and
consume).  A single role can have multiple permissions.

> We don't need to have createDurableQueue role to consume from a queue..right?

You don't if the queue has already been created (e.g. via management operation or broker.xml).
 However, if you are relying on the broker to auto-create the queue for you then the user
will need the "createDurableQueue" permission.

Justin

Thanks for the reply and thats interesting.  Does this mean, in order to
listen to a topic you would always need 2 roles?  createNonDurableQueue and
consume?

Trying to understand difference with Queue.  We don't need to have
createDurableQueue role to consume from a queue..right?